A good credit score is key to renting a home and buying a home. If your score is less then, here are a few tips to better improve your credit score.
- Watch those credit card balances.
- Pay down your balances, and keep those balances low.
- Consolidating multiple cards balances with a personal loan could help your score.
- Eliminate credit card balances
- Gather up all those cred cards with small balances and pay them off.
- Then select one or two go-to cards that you can use for everything.
- Leave old debt and good accounts on as long as possible. This is also a good reason not to close old account where you’ve had a solid repayment record.
- Pay bills on time
Improving your credit score won’t happen over night.
Hopefully these few steps can help you get on the path to better credit.