The weather will soon be getting warmer. Before it gets too warm a good thing to do is spring cleaning! Not the most exciting thing to do. As Southern Utah tends to get super hot doing spring cleaner when it’s a little cooler but not too cold is the best time. If you are anything like me I dislike spring cleaning but it needs to be done! Here are a few tips to help you make spring cleaning a little bit easier and maybe even fun!
- Make a schedule! Start with making a list of things that need to get done and what needs to go first and what can go last. Now everything doesn’t need to be done in one day. That makes its stressful! Plan out a couple days to do the spring cleaning. They don’t need to be all in a row. They can be a few Saturdays or Fridays of a month. Plan out what days you want to do what room or what specific cleaning you would like to do.
- De-clutter! Organize! Organize! Organize! This is the way of spring cleaning. Organizing your office, closet, junk drawer, etc. will help make your house start off clean and looking better! When de-clutter it takes away stresses that you may not even know are there.
- From Top to Bottom! Start with the top work to the bottom. Start with things above, dusting fans, dusting blinds and other things like that. Then work your way to things below like vacuuming and sweeping and mopping.
- Run an empty load! It’s always good to every once in a while run your dishwasher empty. Let it clean itself!
- Vinegar is you friend! Vinegar is one of the best things you can use to clean. Clean the walls, the microwave, the counter tops! Be sure to mix it with water to help when cleaning large areas!
- Clean your cleaning tools! Clean out that vacuum. Clean the mop. Clean the duster. It doesn’t help spring cleaning if the tools you are using aren’t clean so be sure to make them clean!
- Put on some tunes! When cleaning put on some of your favorite music! Jam out and get to work!
Hopeful this helps you with your spring cleaning and makes it a little less boring. Good luck and happy cleaning!