Now that summer is here, most parents are looking for free or inexpensive things to do with their children. Here are some ideas for fun activities that the whole family will enjoy:
- Town Square Park in St. George. The splash pad and creek that runs through the park are FREE for kids to play in the water on hot summer days. For a small fee, kids can ride the carousel.
- Located next to Town Square Park, the Children’s Museum, for a small donation, kids can explore an airplane, driving a car and a castle. It’s a great way to expand kids’ minds and have fun at the same time.
- The Brigham Young and Jacob Hamblin homes are a step back in time, a great example for kids to see how early pioneers lived.
- Tonaquint Nature Center is fun for kids to explore local nature.
- Sand Hollow Acquatic Center and the Washington City Rec Center offer lots of swim options for kids. There is a small fee but a cool way to spend a hot summer afternoon.
- Early Saturday morning Farmer’s Markets at Ancestor Square are fun for kids to taste locally grown produce and see the talents of local crafters.
- An early morning or early evening, when it’s not to hot, hike at Red Cliffs National Conservation Area is a great way to have fun with the kids.
- Rosenbruch Wildlife Museum at the Dixie Convention Center is geared for kids to learn and explore animals found in the Washington County area
With a little creativity, families can have a lot of fun in Washington County.