It may not seem like it will ever be cool in Southern Utah but temperatures really do dip in fall and winter. In addition, once school gets back in session, families aren’t spending as much day time outside.
Don’t let the cooling temperatures keep you from having fun as a family. Here are some ideas:
- Cook dinner as a family (http://www.healthyeating.org/Healthy-Kids/Kid-Friendly-Recipes/Dinner.aspx)
- Play board or card games a couple of evenings a week
- Find a classic book to read as a family 20 minutes before bed time (http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/protecting-your-family/time-for-a-good-read/classic-books-for-kids)
- Let the kids help with the laundry. Even a toddler can fold a towel. Kids can put their own clothes away.
- Work together to clean up. (http://www.yourmodernfamily.com/age-appropriate-chores-for-kids/)