- 7 weeks before moving, decide if you are hiring movers or if family and friends will be helping.
- 6 weeks before the move, look at renter’s insurance options. There are many companies that offer renter’s insurance and only you can decide which works best for you.
- Fill out a change of address card at the post office and update your new address with your bank and your creditors at least 5 weeks before moving.
- We require that utilities be in your name before getting keys. Get that done 4 weeks before moving.
- 3 weeks before the move, go through your closets, go through your things and get rid of things you’re not using. The less stuff, the easier the move.
- 2 weeks before moving, make sure you understand where you will be parking, if you have assigned parking spaces and if there is covered parking.
- The week before parking, call the new landlord to set up an appointment to pick up and keys and get any additional information needed from the landlord.
Moving doesn’t have to be hard. Follow these steps and you will go a long way to making a move go smoothly.