• Clothing not drying during a dry cycle
• Very hot clothing after a dry cycle
• Excessive heat from the dryer
• Larger amounts of lint in the lint tray than usual
• Excessive odor from dryer sheets
Keep the floor around the dryer clean. Your dryer vent will suck up dirt and debris from the floor, which can get the vent dirty faster.
Limit the use of dryer sheets. Dryer sheets can make your clothes smell fresher, but can also contribute to built up lint in a dryer vent.
Stick to brief dry cycles. Do dry cycles in 30 to 40 minute intervals. This allows for better air circulation.
Following these tips will help extend the life of your dryer.