March is here and warmer days are upon us.
Have you ever wondered what the switch on your ceiling fan was for? Wonder no more! The switch helps either cool or warm your home more efficiently.
Up (reverse) during the winter. Fan should run in clockwise at a low speed. This will gently draw the room air up towards the ceiling and force the warm air down and out towards the walls avoiding giving you the wind chill effect.
- Makes a room feel warm and more comfortable.
- Save up to 15% on heating costs.
- Reduces clutter and electric hazards due to space heaters and heating blankets.
Down (forward) during summer. Fan will run counter-clockwise. This will force the room air down on you giving you the wind chill effect that makes you feel cooler.
- Makes a room feel up to 8 degrees cooler.
- Save up to 40% on air conditioning costs.
- Reduce use of central or window air conditioning units.
- Spend more time outdoors without sacrificing comfort.
And while you’re switching your fan, give it a good dusting to help the ceiling fan work efficiently.